Case Studies Civil

Bill Anskis Company Inc.

For decades, if a truck passed under a concrete bridge with low clearance and hit one of the support beams, there was a standard fix. Depending on the severity of the damage, the struck section would be cut out and removed, a new beam lowered or hoisted in place and welded in. There’s a new […]

Building Zone Industries

When big box stores, like Walmart or Menards, build a new location, erecting the steel framework is one of the most dangerous and time-consuming parts of the process. Entire construction crews have to work dozens of feet in the air, welding panels and structural steel. Even though this is how the industry has operated for […]

Blue Nile Contractors Inc.

Founded by Henok Tekeste, Claycomo, Missouri-based Blue Nile Contractors Inc. is a full-service utility contracting company serving municipal clients throughout the state. Born in Ethiopia, Tekeste says the company represents his idea of the American dream. “When I came to the United States, I never intended to work for somebody,” says Tekeste, president and founder […]

Bergeron Land Development Inc.

When Ron Bergeron was 18 years old, he set out on his own with $235.12 in his pocket. Little did he know that he would eventually parlay that sum into a commerce empire. In 1965 he founded Bergeron Land Development Inc. (BLD). Headquartered in Fort Lauderdale, Florida, BLD has grown into one of the largest general […]

Blount Contracting Inc.

For 15 years, a family-owned civil construction company based in Apache Junction, Arizona, has set an example for the industry in how to build a strong, sustainable business. Blount Contracting Inc., founded in 2000, specializes in mass excavation, fine grading and underground wet utility services for clients throughout the Southwest. While clients have come to […]

Bizzack Construction LLC

With highway infrastructure undergoing constant improvement throughout the U.S., state transportation agencies continue to seek out contractors who can provide leading value, safety and efficiency. Bizzack Construction LLC has long been a reliable partner to the Kentucky Transportation Cabinet (KYTC) and over the years has extended its reach from the headquarters in Lexington, Kentucky, to […]

Bailey Edward Design Inc.

Based in Chicago, Illinois, Bailey Edward Design Inc. has been providing distinct architectural, engineering and construction management services to clients throughout the Midwest since 1991. Ellen Bailey Dickson is the company’s founder and managing principal. With a Master of Architecture degree from the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign and more than 30 years of experience […]

BCA Architects

Since 1988 BCA Architects has been serving as a trusted partner and advocate for clients throughout California. Based in San Jose, California, with branch offices in Sacramento, Orange County and Los Angeles, California, the BCA team has provided a range of integrated architecture and design services to commercial, civic, institutional and community living clients all […]

Barlovento LLC

Jane Solomon founded Barlovento LLC in 1996 with the primary goal of performing underground and vertical construction. Headquartered in Dothan, Alabama, Barlovento is a design-build and general contracting firm. “90 percent of our work is for the United States government,” says Solomon. “The other 10 percent is in the commercial sector. We like to build […]

Bergeron Land Development

When Ron Bergeron was 18 years old, he set out on his own with $235.12 in his pocket. Little did he know that he would eventually parlay that sum into a commerce empire. In 1965 Bergeron Land Development (BLD) Inc. was founded. Headquartered in Fort Lauderdale, Florida, BLD has grown into one of the largest […]

Testimonials

LATEST EDITION

Spring 2018

READ NOW

GET US BUILDERS REVIEW IN YOUR INBOX.

  • * We’ll never share your email or info with anyone.
  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.